Saturday, October 27, 2012

Thank you, Laura!!

 
While I was riding my horse all about the countryside in search of evening wear....I remembered something I have longed for...
One of the things I have so wanted is to get back to my sewing room...well I just popped in this afternoon to find some black taffeta and velvets...and while I was going through my pattern box and dreaming of the days when Laura Ashley reigned in my wardrobe...well.....ah....I looked up and there she was....my English fairy godmother.....I showed her a few patterns....told her I needed something by midnight...she waved her magic scissors and measuring tape.....and    ..here it is!!!!!


 
Simple elegance!
Thank you, my dear!
 


4 comments:

The Blog of Bee said...

Stunning. Excellent choice.

Tess Kincaid said...

Very elegant...very twirlable...

The Blog of Bee said...

You can have the black gown for being so kind about the one I wore.

FireLight said...

Oh, my gosh. Thank you dear!

About Me

My photo
Recreational scholar, former high school and junior college English teacher. Animal lover (especially horses, dogs, and people), lives in the South, sometimes poet and essayist... "Ireland, Scotland, Britain, and Wales...I can hear those ancient voices calling..." Van Morrison from Celtic Heartbeat