Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Boleslawiec Tea Party

(Click on photos to enlarge or to "embiggen" as Country Girl says!)

After being hauled around in the Colonel's carry on luggage through several airport layovers, these little Polish beauties are safely on my table. I have admired Willow's Boleslawiec mug often featured in her sidebar. And more than once, I have passed up one of the mugs at T. J. Max. I do struggle with my I-Need-New-China habit. I recently visited a unique gallery, The Cat's Meow, in Pine Mountain, Georgia which offers very handsome prints, framing, and a huge collection of Boleslawiec pottery! I oohed and aahed for a long time, but I was strong, and left empty handed. Shopping for a gift in Ramstein, Germany, my dear  husband came upon a similar stunning display and confessed it was hard to make a decision. The Colonel knows me well. "Hmmm, blue and white, teapot: dishes!" Trifecta! Yes, this lovely set is a big hit at Graystone Cottage this morning! Cuppa tea?

(Click on blog title to visit the official website for the pottery.)

7 comments:

Hollace said...

What a great gift. I love it! I struggle with a china addiction, too. And I fight it but love to be overcome...

Thistle Cove Farm said...

So beautiful! I've seen this at TJMaxx also but only purchased a mug...which I adore and use almost every day.

Tess Kincaid said...

Hey, this is pretty! I've not seen this pattern. TJ Maxx is the best place to find this stuff! I love it!

Rowan said...

Very pretty and what a lovely gift. I have one or to small pieces of Polish pottery too though not this make. I pick them up occasionally at Country Living Spring and Christmas Fairs where this particular company has a stand.

{ T G L } said...

A beautiful tea service and it looks a little 'Delfts Blue'-inspired. If you're the tea-drinking type, by the way, feel free to check out my Give Away. I found you through Country Girl :)

Blessings,
This Good Life

Tom Atkins said...

Very pretty! Nothing like a nice tea set to set a table off.

Betsy Brock said...

I love dishes of any kind. Blue and white is just a wonderful combination!

About Me

My photo
Recreational scholar, former high school and junior college English teacher. Animal lover (especially horses, dogs, and people), lives in the South, sometimes poet and essayist... "Ireland, Scotland, Britain, and Wales...I can hear those ancient voices calling..." Van Morrison from Celtic Heartbeat